Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Out in the garden

Hello all,

 It would seem that I've been neglecting my blog, I've stopped by a few places but my time when I can is out in the garden these days, perusing seed catalogs , and looking in anticipating for the local nurseries to bring it on with the flowers and vegatables, and especially the herbs.

I have a tiny garden space which we have used over the years as a vegatable garden, the soil is good and so I've designated that as my herb garden. So far Lavender is the only thing occupying the space in the wagon wheel I've placed on the so far.  I transplanted that from the square foot garden.
    I've purchased Rosemary, and Lemon Verbena.  I've ordered a Lemon Rose scented geranium. Have you ever?  I had one a few years back and oh my it is a lovely.  They come in a variety of flavors. These are considered herbs, and are grown more for their scented  leaves than the flowers.

 And am looking into Queen Annes Lace, I think I saw some seeds at Walmart. Those are lovely.
I've been reading over the winter and have found an interest in Colonial Garden spaces, with a fond interest in the herb gardens and flowers of Colonial Time.

Until next time...

Internet Photo Credit
This is what I hope my wagon wheel will look like this summer. I will have a mixture of herbs and flowers.

3 comments:

Patricia Lewis said...

Hello Faith its been a while since I last stopped by...Time this evening has allowed me to have a cuppa with you :))
I hope you are able to make that lovely herb garden will be worth it :)) hugs till next time :))

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I feel like we are all coming out of hibernation, but we were in the 20's last night! Yikes! Your herb wheel is going to look great! Happy spring, Faith! xo

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping over. I'm itchin to get into my garden.