Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Butterfly flutterby

Good Afternoon all!  Out and about today, although I am out of gas. I wanted to work in the garden today and did turn the compost pile over, and was going to pull weeds when I almost plucked this right out out.  I almost couldn't believe my eyes, as I have picked the weeds out of this barrel and never ever saw....

This was attached to this twig, it may have flown there although I wasn't sure it was even alive at this point.  This is a random something growing int the barrel, I was looking to see if Aunt Lucy's bleeding hearts were coming up, and I wanted to clean it up and saw this...it took my breath away.
such a delight, a fragile stained glass beauty. ( sorry about the trash can )

Most certainly alive, and was showing off for the camera. Isn't it beautiful?
 I went in to get my "regular camera" and when I came back she was still there but with full wings out, warmed by the sun, as I approached to snap the picture she took off up in there and will live out her life in nature, only to continue the cycle.
I feel blessed to have been able to see this...WOW.





5 comments:

Sandy said...

WOW...what a gorgeous butterfly. I must send your link to my brother to ask him what it is. I can't believe you got the picture, that it didn't fly away. WOW! I managed a little weeding yesterday and today, it's a start, but we must work up to it after the winter for our bodies sakes, lol

Sandy's Space

Jan Mader said...

Chuck says it's a beautiful tiger swallowtail!

Faith said...

Thank you both for stopping to comment. It is beautiful, only something that comes directly from GOD's coloring pages. I had heard that it was either a Tiger Swallowtail, or and Eastern Swallowtail, maybe it's the same. Either way...Lovely..

annamaria magda said...

Good ,you took a picture, wonderful moment of nature, greetings from ann

Sandy said...

Glad my brother, Chuck got to see the picture, figured he'd know what it was. Such color, right you are Faith God's color.

Sandy's Space, trying to get out and about more often