Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Not into hustle bustle









FLY IT PROUDLY!
Everyday



It's been a while since I posted here on a regular basis, as we all have drifted in and out of our blogging experience, friends have come and gone, moved on to other things. I've had this blog for a number of years and myself have questioned from time to time whether or not to continue, close down the shop, or try another venue.( which didn't appeal to me )
Crochet by the Sea has become over the years a part of my life, it is not only a creative outlet for me, but I've made some many wonderful friends and shared, learned, laughed and cried with them. 

I keep coming back, and while blogging has changed somewhat and folks have decided to re invent the wheel elsewhere, I find that this is really the best for me, I'm all about keeping things simple and compact. Who knows maybe this will make a comeback, what is old is new to somebody else, there is nothing new under the son. In the meantime, this is a venue for me which allows me to connect, share and learn.  

Well, I was going to bake bread yesterday,  never got around to it. I decided to clean out my kitchen cupboard which held my supplies.  I got rather tired of opening up the door, not knowing what was going to fall out, it was time for a cleaning.  Threw away some expired things, used some of the containers I've been hoarding to actually store things in, and what do you know my spice table actually turns now, how about that?

I do have bread on tap this morning, and so that is what I'll be doing, as soon as I finish visiting with you and having my coffee. Speaking of bread, I got two new loaf pans, which I picked up at Walmart, made by the Pioneer Woman, these are study non stick lovely pans, and the make a nice size loaf of bread. I'll have to take a picture because I cannot find it online. 

Oh and I wanted to talk about Calendula, my little garden pot is blooming...Anybody do anything special with Calendula?  We'll talk again next about that, I look forward to hearing what you do with yours, and Lavender too! 

Well, enjoy your day and be blessed.  



1 comment:

Beansieleigh said...

Ethel!! (my dear friend, Faith)... So good to see you! Yes, with so many streams/versions of media and what-have-you out there, it is all I can do to keep up! I admit, I am most easily found reading and posting on facebook these days; but there's no doubt about it. It feels like coming home, when it comes to "Blogland", doesn't it? I always hope to be more consistent with my posts here, but somehow life seems to pull me in various other directions. I still love to share crafts and recipes, and whatever other endeavors I may be running with at the time, though... I had today off, and am so glad to visit with you! I hope you've got hot coffee on still? I'm always lured by the smell of home-baked goodies wafting from your home, over the fence, to mine!... Hope all is well with you and yours.. ((hugs)) ~Lucy (tina)