Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Staff of Life

Bread Day !



I don't have a specific day that I make bread, unless I anticipate making Sourdough, then I have to set that out a day ahead of time, feed the starter and let it works it's goodness.  Today I made a white/wheat bread, the recipe calls for regular flour, but this time I added some whole wheat flour to make it a little different and see how we like it. I don't recall where I got this recipe, I'll have to look back in my blog and see if I can find it here, if not I will provide the recipe, with the disclaimer that I didn't create the recipe, and bless whoever did. Maybe they will let me know who they are so I can give them proper credit.

Pioneer Woman Bread/loaf pan, sturdy/non stick


Amish White Bread
2 cups warm water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbs yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 oil
6 cups for flour

Flour,salt & oil in one bowl ( the one you will mix in)
In a seperate bowl, 2 cups warm water, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 1/2 Tbs yeast, stir gently and let come to a frothy beautiousness.  Add to flour mixture and stir until combined. I mix it in the bowl and then on a floured surface, let rise about 1 hour ( use your judgement) temperature and humidity in the room does come into play when baking.

Frothy goodness, Yeast, water & sugar   


I don't use all 6 cups in the bread, again depending on the room temp etc, you may use it all or part. I generally will put 4-5 in the bowl and use the last to knead. This will make 2 large, wonderful, sweet, tender loaves of wonderfulness, and as an added bonus, your hearth will be filled with the most wonderful aromas wafting around.

Ready to rise first time









3 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Looks delicious, Faith!.. But I assume you bake at 350? How long? I'd love to try this! Yesterday, I bought older bananas for 30 cents a pound, so today I hope to be making banana bread! Oh the aromas that will be crossing back and forth across the backyard fence today!.. Thanks for sharing the recipe! ~tina

Bloggymom said...

Looks yummy!! It is bread baking day at my house too.

Faith said...

350 degrees. Recipe calls for 30 minutes, but every oven is different. It smells so good around the fence.